Alexis Middleton is the crochet designer and craft blogger behind Persia Lou. I had the chance to meet her in person at the 2016 Snap! conference and we later scheduled a Skype interview to talk about the panel workshop, Generate and Pitch Ideas Like a Boss.
About Alexis Middleton
Alexis is a work-at-home mother of three and a lifelong crafter. She learned to crochet from her great grandmother as a child but put down the hook until a few years ago. She started her blog, Persia Lou, as a place to share her crochet projects and it has since expanded to include other crafts and home decor projects, too.
About the interview
In this episode, I talk to Alexis about her panel workshop at Snap!, Generate and Pitch Ideas Like a Boss. (Her co-presenters were Colleen from Lemon Thistle and Sarah from Confetti Sunshine.) Alexis also answers listener questions from Angela at Little Monkeys Designs and Carmen from A Simple Homestead.
Some of the topics we discussed included:
- Ways to organize your inspiration,
- Whether you should consider working for free or for product,
- How to ask brands to get paid,
- Creating a cohesive visual brand across your website, Instagram, and other social networks,
- Staying focused on your business goals, and
- Taking time off to refresh creatively.
Listen to the podcast for more from Alexis about growing your blog and creative business.
- The Creative Yarn Entrepreneur is now on Facebook. Please stop by and like the page here. In addition to podcast episodes, I share links with information that is helpful for small business owners.
- I’ll be at a The National NeedleArts Association summer trade show on June 11, 2016. Will I see you there?
- I’ll be speaking at BlogHer’16 (August 4-6, 2016 in Los Angeles, CA). If you’re in the area, I’d love to meet up! You can register for BlogHer’16 with a 30% discount using this friends and family code.
- The Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Show is now on Google Play Music. You can find links to the Show on your favorite apps on the Subscribe page.
- Show your support for the Show by buying through our trusted partners. You can find more information on the Support the Show page.
Share your feedback on this episode!
Did Alexis inspire you to “just keep going at it”? Share your comments below in the show notes for this episode. You can also comment in the Creative Yarn Entrepreneurs Facebook group, comment on the Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Facebook page, Tweet me at @cyeshow, add me to your G+ circle and send me a note, or leave a message at 646-713-8973.
You can subscribe to the Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Show on on Google Play Music, iTunes, Stitcher, or TuneIn. Please leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher and join the mailing list. I’ll let people on the list know in advance about special guests and topics so you can share your questions.