I’m so excited to introduce my new book, Design It, Promote It, Sell It: Online Marketing for Your Crochet and Knit Patterns. It’s currently on pre-order but it will be released on Tuesday, September 4, 2018.
I’ve really missed hosting the podcast for the past two years, but life has been too busy to keep up the regular commitment. I still wanted to share some of what I know about the business of crochet and knitting with you, though, so, over the past year, I’ve been working on this book. The book is designed to help emerging designers and established designers unfamiliar with marketing in the online space. I’ve included a complete crash course in marketing, an overview of dozens of ways to promote your patterns online, suggestions for what to post on social media, tools for using analytics to find out what is working for you, and resources to use in your own business. This book will help you to refine your marketing strategy and learn the tools you need to get your patterns in front of the right customers.
I invited several talented designers to serve as beta readers and gave critical feedback before the book went off to the editor. Pam from Crochetpreneur, Dianne from Same DiNamics Crochet, Rhondda from Oombawka Design Crochet, and Pia from Stitches n Scraps made suggestions and even added helpful hints.
If you get the PDF Edition or Print Edition, you’ll also receive 3 questionnaires and 3 checklists that will help you to customize the information from the book to suite your business situation. The E-Reader Edition is more streamlined and doesn’t include the questionnaires.
I’ll be sharing links to posts from the designers, bloggers, and podcasters who are sharing reviews of the book and interviews with me as part of a virtual book tour here as they go live. Until then, you can find out more about the Design It, Promote It, Sell It (and where to buy it) here.
- Interview with Edie Eckman with giveaway (through 9/27/2018)
- Book review by Left in Knots with giveaway (through 9/22/2018)
- Interview with Stitches n Scraps
- Book review via Crochet Guild of America with giveaway (through 9/30/2018)
- Book review by Little Monkey Shop
Watch my Facebook Live about the book below.
- Book review by Fiber Flux with giveaway (through 9/27/2018)
- Guest post on Oombawka Design: The Very Best Online Crochet Pattern Directories and Marketplaces
- Book review by The Stitchin’ Mommy with giveaway (through 9/30/2018)
- Book review by Moogly with giveaway (through 10/28/2018)
- Book review by Karen Whooley
- Book review by Jessie At Home with giveaway (through 10/4/2018)
- Book review by KnitDesigns by Tian